Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tickles from Heaven


For several weeks now, I have been praying for my beloved daughter, a 54 day novena, 6 sets of  9 days of rosaries. which I am just now in the middle of. The last three rosaries, unlike the first three, were no longer in petition for Mary's help, but in thanksgiving for her help, whether we saw results yet or not. 

Last night, we were taken by surprise and rushed to Dominican Hospital last  after my daughter was admitted in with an extremely high fever, in excruciating cramping pain As I brushed by the lobby, I happened to glance to the right. On the wall, I noticed an artist's rendering in watercolor of two medieval faces.  It was done in a contemporary style so it caught my attention.  On a closer look, I was amazed at the names of these two portraits. 

They were the faces of  St Catherine of Sienna, side by side with St. Dominic! (Only after you've  read the June 9th post, entitled The 54th Day, will you know what this meant to me at that very moment.)

After several long hours of writhing cramps and high fever, she was successfully treated, and by this morning, she was well..and on her way home.  

In addition to her healing, we were given the blessing of seeing the tender love she was receiving from her closest friend. We had a chance to spend many hours together awaiting results of her treatment. We really got to get to know him better and grew in our love and respect for him as her partner. In all, these seemingly adverse circumstance knitted us together in our love for her.

Occasionally God tickles our souls with surprises,  coincidences that make us smile from the inside out..proving  that the foolishness of God is wiser than the wisdom of men.  I love when that happens!!


But He not just fun and games, although He seems to enjoy teasing us with surprises, He was taking care of business by letting me know in no uncertain terms that my prayers were working and to keep praying, while He, with the help of Mary and Sts. Catherine and Dominic were turning things around, churning up even bigger answers that I could imagine...as you will see in the surprising events ahead!

No comments: