Monday, July 19, 2010

Strike while the SPIRIT is hot!


Today I am starting a brand new 54 dayer and here, for the record, are my intentions:

1.For my older daughter's health and well-being and for her continued maturity in Christ.

2. For work for my recovering son who, although sober, seems to feel really lost. 

3. I am asking that God removes the stumbling blocks to my son's full recovery in the area of relationships and responsibility, healing him of all his wrong thinking about himself. 

I know, that's a lot of intentions, but I have a whole 54 days to pray and wait...

I don't know what the answer to this new 54 days of prayer will bring and how its surprise package will be wrapped. Sometimes the wrapping is a turn-off, maybe the ribbon is bunched in knots and snarls, or maybe it is dirty and used and frayed. The paper may be nothing special,  even torn and wrinkled. It may even looked soiled and re-gifted.  


Yet I chose to trust that inspite of the presenting wrinkles, fading colors, and the snarls that may tempt me to throw the gift out in disgust and unbelief, I will be given the strength to wait it out in 54 days of faithful Hail Mary's, through joyful, sorrowful, luminous, and glorious mysteries!!!   I know that I will again be surprised..by bright shining joy..at the end.

Why the rosary?  Why Mary - because it is through the rosary that she gets us to look - where she looks- at Jesus.  For us Catholics, live religion is not a belief system, but a living person. That person is her son, Jesus Christ.  

If we look at Him throughout every aspect of His life, as described in the four mysteries, we can know Him..and to really know him, we cannot help but share in his mother's love for Him.

If you have a pressing need, please join me starting tomorrow in the first 54 days, leading to your miracle.  Why not?

There is power in numbers. Please join me in solidarity by starting your own 54 day commitment today! For where two or more are gathered in my name, there I am. 

No comments: